Sunday, July 10, 2011

Productivity is for suckers.

In the past couple months, I've done a lot of mom-time, a fair bit of cooking, insufficient amounts of laundry, a little social branching-out, and, um, World of Warcraft.  Again.

Shortly after the latest expansion was released, I managed to get my main leveled from 80 to 85.  Then I was back at the fruitless pursuit of grade-completion.  Once I left grad school, I briefly returned to the WoW, but it was short-lived against the onslaught of Real World Issues:  My husband still had to complete a major paper himself, he was teaching two nights a week, doing research with his advisor one morning a week while working on programming at least 10-15 hours a week at home, and as a result, raiding with long-time friends three nights a week for about 8.5 hours total (which, with the workload, I fully understood and supported, albeit a little resentfully).  On top of that, we spent a month in potential massive debt limbo, wondering whether we'd be left holding the bag for $126k in NICU bills for our son (we weren't, mostly because we had a witness in the hospital financial services dept. who heard a CSR confirm our coverage for well more than that).

Once my husband finished his paper, returning to good standing with his department, I suddenly felt much less stress, enabling me to handle a live game environment while watching the kiddo, rather than endless rounds of *cough* Mahjong Titans.  I also got a new computer, since my previous one had a rather disheartening tendency towards restart roulette and general start-up anxiety.  I have yet to install Civ IV or Civ V on here, and I confess that I've burned out a little on endless imperialism, but, you know, there's only so much flower-picking, ore-mining, mob-killing, daily questing, etc. that I can stand.  Of course, I could install Oblivion, or try actually completing the Longest Journey (so that I can play the sequel), or even try Mass Effect/ME2, as my husband has recommended.

Well, maybe I'll do it once I get my mage to 85.  Or my dk and warlock there.  Possibly also the shadow priest.  And then there's the druid (trying balance ftw!), and the elemental shaman (two, actually)....

It. Never. Ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment